- County Office
- Departments G - Z
- Special Operations Division
Special Operations Division
The Special Operations Division is responsible for several different units that either require a more discreet law enforcement presence or officers that are highly trained in specific skill sets. All of the units in Special Operations can work either independently of or in direct support of other divisions of the sheriff’s office. In both cases working seamlessly in the investigation of crime.
The Special Operations Division has grown over the years, from mainly being comprised of the Louisa County Narcotics Task Force, then the addition of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The Special Response Team and Gang Task Force were added in 2014. In 2020 this division grew again, with the addition of the Communications Division, Marine Unit, and the Motor Unit. This unit has a Captain, a Lieutenant and individual Task Force Officers and Detectives, and the Communications Unit having a Communications Director and Deputy Director.
- Communications Unit
- The Communications Unit is the hub of the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office. From the centralized Dispatch Center, all calls for service are received, evaluated, and prioritized by highly trained Communications Officers.
- Gang Task Force
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Marine Unit
- Motor Unit
- The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office Motor Unit by its mission, is committed to protecting and serving the citizens of the community, while maintaining the highest level of standards.
- Narcotics Task Force
- Special Response Team
- The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team’s mission is to provide peaceful resolutions and protect lives during high risk police situations.