Deputy Hager & K-9 Draco
K-9 Draco, a Belgian Malinois, was born in Holland on July 17, 2016 and acquired from Next Generation K9, in Earlysville, VA. K-9 Draco started with the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office in October of 2017. K9 Draco trains with Richmond Police Department K9’s and is certified in patrol and in narcotics. In such a short time, K-9 Draco has proven to be a great asset to the community.
Together Deputy Hager and K9 Draco have responded to hundreds of calls for service, demonstrated in many community outreach events and has assisted multiple other agencies.
- U.S. Marshalls
- Virginia State Police
- Hanover County Sheriff’s Office
- Chesterfield County Police Department
- Richmond City Police Department
- Louisa Public Schools
- Deputy Hager started his career in Law Enforcement as a Military Police Officer in the U.S. Army.
- Deputy Hager came to the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office in May 2011 and after completing the Law Enforcement Academy became a Patrol Deputy.
- In 2013, Deputy Hager was promoted to the K9 Division and became the handler of K9 Barney.
- After the retirement of K9 Barney, Deputy acquired and began the training of K9 Draco.
- Deputy Hager and K9 Draco both instruct and demonstrate during the Citizens’ Law Enforcement Academy.