- Can I pay taxes over the phone?
The Treasurer’s Office cannot take payment over the phone. You can pay online, in-person or through the drop box located outside to the left of the entrance (1 Woolfolk Avenue, Louisa).
- What happens if I do not pay the taxes by the due date of December 5th?
A 10% penalty is added to your account. Monthly interest is added to any unpaid balance beginning in January.
- I have a DMV hold on my delinquent taxes. How do I get the DMV hold off in order to renew my vehicle tags?
All taxes have to be paid in full with certified funds (money order, certified check) or over the phone to the collection agency TACS at 866-951-0742.
- I sold my car earlier this year. Why am I being taxed?
Louisa County is a non-pro-rating County, if you owned the vehicle January 1; you will pay taxes for the full year. If you purchased a vehicle after January 1 you will not pay personal property tax on that vehicle until the following year.
- What is the $38.75 charge on my tax bill?
The $38.75 charge is a license fee on vehicles registered to be driven on the highway as of January 1st. This is not an additional tax on the vehicle.