Permit Application Instructions Manufactured Home
- All areas of this packet must be completed; all forms and items required for submittal must be complete prior to application being accepted. Items required for permit submittal are identified below and on page 3 of the packet.
- Permit may be submitted via postal, drop off or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manufactured Homes Submittal Requirements
INCOMPLETE SUBMITTALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Required forms and submittals provided by applicant or applicant’s contractor:
- Deed (Cover Sheet w/ Clerk’s seal) or Recordation Receipt - if property is not listed in current owner’s name on GIS or property was recently acquired.
- Can be obtained at the Clerk’s office: 540-967-5312
- Plat of property- Can be obtained at Clerk’s office: 540-967-5312; cannot be a GIS image, google map image, or well/drainfield provider drawing; must show a drawn to scale plan or should include an engineered plan showing building location and the following elements:
- Entrance, driveway, any right-of-way or easement
- Location and dimensions of all structures including decks, porches, and other attachments
- Setback measurements for all structures – NOTE: if your proposed structure appears to be within 20 feet of the minimum setbacks, a foundation survey and/or setback certification will be required. Setbacks are measured from the closest point of the structure (including any attachments) to the closest point of the property line or assumed right-of-way.
- Building Plans - one complete set
- Should include the Manufacturers Installation Instructions
- Scaled or fully dimensioned and shall bear the name, address, and contact information of the designer
- Plans shall be house-specific and only contain details, specs, etc. for that specific site; no generic, non-specific plans will be accepted
- Must include all attachments, decks, porches and overhangs
- State Contractor’s License (or Contractor License Exemption form in lieu of License)
- State Contractor’s License must include applicable trades
- Louisa County Business License (not required if submitting Contractor License Exemption form)
- Responsible Land Disturber’s Certificate (Still required even if property owner is builder)
Additional submittals that may be required:
- Pre-Engineered Product Specification Sheets – 2 sets; includes roof/floor truss specs, layouts, LVL's, etc.
- Shrink/Swell Report - required due to the soil conditions if the property is located in one of the following tax map numbers (this list is NOT all-inclusive. Call the office to confirm property shrink/swell soil report requirements): 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 28, 29, 30, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 42, 45, 46, 47, 51, 53, 54, 55, 56, 58, 61, 63, 67, 71, 72, 73, 74, 83, 84, 88, 89, 96, 97, 100
- Soil Bearing Report - required if the above report identifies a need for additional structural requirements or design
- VDOT Entrance Permit (or copy of existing entrance permit) - required if the driveway will come in contact with a state-maintained road. Contact VDOT at 540-967-3710.
- Town of Louisa or Town of Mineral Zoning Approval - if building within town limits
Additional submittals required if project property is on Lake Anna Shoreline:
- Contact our office for more information