Jack Jouett, the Paul Revere of the South, rode from Louisa County to Monticello to warn Thomas Jefferson and other Virginia legislatures of incoming British troops. We're celebrating Jack Jouett's ride with a festival on June 3, 2023 from 11am to 5pm at Southern Revere Cellars (1100 E Jack Jouett Rd, Louisa, VA 23093). Admission is FREE to all visitors.
Step back in time with historical demonstrations, children’s activities, a book signing, craft and food vendors, and more! Vendor products and activities include but are not limited to:
- Axe throwing
- Magic show with back-in-time theme (12:30pm)
- Live music (starting at 3pm)
- Buffalo Wild Wings, BBQ, coffee, lemonade and kettle corn
- Candle making with the Louisa County Historical Society
- Tricorner hat craft with the Daughters of the American Revolution
- Weaving demo
- Hand-turned wooden bowls, wine jelly, teas, cutting boards, t-shirts, jewelry, and flags
- Historical-recipe beer
- Book signing for Jack Jouett historical fiction book, A Gift of Two Silver Pistols
- Bounce house and coloring
- Face painting
Follow the discussion on the Facebook event. Or download the Visit Louisa app to find and save details for this and other events.
Are you a vendor interested in participating? Please complete the Application for Vendors.