A Disabled Veteran may qualify for an exemption from Personal Property Tax on one motor vehicle if the following criteria is met:
- The motor vehicle must be a passenger car, pickup or panel truck registered for personal use
- The motor vehicle must be owned by the disabled veteran or jointly with the spouse or solely by the spouse.
- The motor vehicle must be used primarily by or for the disabled veteran.
- The veteran must have been rated by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to have a 100 % service-connected, permanent and total disability.
The exemption is effective beginning January 1, 2021
- Disabled Veteran's Personal Property Tax Exemption Application click here
- The veteran will only be required to re-file the Personal Property Tax Exemption Application if their motor vehicle changes.
For further information regarding the Disabled Veteran Personal Property Tax Exemption please call: 540-967-3432