- County Office
- Departments G - Z
- General Services & Recycling
- Go Green Program & Policies
Go Green Program & Policies
Energy Star ProgramLouisa County is dedicated to conducting daily maintenance and operations in a way that will aid in the preservation of our environment both locally and globally. During the 2015 calendar year the Department of General Services has registered as an Energy Star Partner and implemented new green policies and procedures. In addition, the department has also completed efficiency evaluations of County facilities to ensure that we can make decisions that will improve our facilities performance and efficiency.
Go Green ChallengeLouisa County has also participated in the 2015 Go Green Government Challenge. The challenge, offered by the Virginia Municipal League, is a friendly competition designed to encourage implementation of specific environmental policies and practical actions that reduce the carbon emissions generated by local government and our community. Many of the actions are not only good for our environment but improve efficiency and save local government dollars.
AwardLouisa County is pleased to announce that it is one of six statewide recipients of a 2015 Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) Go Green Award. This is the seventh year VACo has participated in the program, which was started in 2007 and called "Go Green Virginia".
The Green Government Challenge was designed to encourage implementation of specific policies and practical actions to protect the environment and promote energy efficiency by local governments and the broader communities they serve. The winning counties are:
- Albemarle County
- Arlington County
- Chesterfield County
- Henrico County
- James City County
- Louisa County
- "The winning counties represent a growing group of localities that believe in taking innovative steps to reduce energy usage and promote sustainability" VACo Executive Director James D. Campbell said. "We are proud to be a part of this exciting program."
- "I would like to thank Jeff Ferrel and all County Staff involved in the achievement of this VACo Go Green Award", said Louisa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Tommy Barlow. "It is nice to have Louisa County recognized for a job well done. Also, congratulations to Supervisors Ms. Stephanie Koren and Mr. Dick Havasy for their individual VACo awards."
- "This is a well-deserved recognition of a County-wide effort under the coordination of our General Services Director to improve system efficiencies, develop enhanced procedures, and lower energy costs in general", said Louisa County Administrator Christian Goodwin.