Fire/EMS Training Division
- To provide comprehensive education and training for all Fire and EMS personnel. Creating a mentoring environment that promotes learning and enhances individual skills. To elevate all personnel by providing high quality training and confidence in those skills. Which will result in our department providing a high quality service to those that live, work and visit Louisa County.
- We believe to have a successful training division it must have several key characteristics.
Inclusive- All members should feel welcomed, have buy-in such as our Fire/EMS training committee's.
Interesting- We plan to offer courses and opportunities that spark students interest.
Fun- We know the best learning environment is one which everyone is comfortable and able to enjoy themselves. (Safety should never be sacrificed for fun)
Rewarding- We know time away from family and friends is precious, so trainee's must feel like they are getting something out of the course such as certification, promotion, skills they will use on the street.
Valid- Training must be valid to promote personnel progression and target weaknesses.
Safe- Our Instructors will always look out for the students best interest, never placing them in a bad situation knowing that the best learning environment is a safe one.
Quality- We want to prepare responders to be smart forward-thinkers and should come to the street with a sense of confidence that they can handle any situation thrown at them.
Useful- we should train today to prepare for tomorrow. we learn the most when were uncomfortable.
Follow our department on Facebook (Louisa County Department of Fire/EMS), Twitter (@LFEMS) and Instagram (@LouisaFEMS) for updates!
- Firefighter I - Beginning January 19th, Register on Cornerstone by January 12th
- Instructor I - Beginning January 28th, Register on Cornerstone by January 21st
- HAZMAT operations - Beginning January 30th, Register on Cornerstone by January 23rd
- EMT-Advanced - Beginning in March of 2023, More details to come
- Instructor II - Beginning April 1st, Register on Cornerstone by March 25th
- Firefighter II- Coming June of 2023
- Officer I - Coming June of 2023
- Officer II - Coming August of 2023
(Register on VDFP Cornerstone On-Demand at VDFP - Cornerstone OnDemand (csod.com)
- January 17th-CPR
- February 21st-ACLS refresher
- March 21st-PALS refresher
- April 18th-CPR
- May 16th-ACLS refresher
- June 20th-PALS refresher
- July 18th-CPR
- August 15th-ACLS refresher
- September 19th-PALS refresher
- October 17th-CPR
- November 21st-ACLS refresher
- December 19th-PALS refresher
- THE PUSH -
Quarterly Training 2023
January 19,20, and 21 Extrication
April 14, 15, and 16 Live burn
July 28, 29, and 30 Hazmat
October 13, 14, and 15 Truck Company Operations
Contact the Training Division for more information
or to register email FEMS-Training@louisa.org!
Vector Solutions (targetsolutions.com)
26 Sacred Heart Avenue
Mineral, VA 23117