- County Office
- Departments A - F
- Community Development
Beginning December 31, 2022, all Erosion & Sediment Control Plan review and approvals for Louisa County will be conducted in-house by the Louisa County Community Development Department.
For Erosion & Sediment Control Plan review and approvals, please contact Kris Nelson at email@example.com.
For Lake Anna Shoreline Plan review and approvals, please contact Tom Egeland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can call their office at (540) 967-3430.
2018 Building Code
Guidelines and handouts for the 2018 Building Code changes.
Basic information on solar projects and why we consider these projects in Louisa.
Planning & Zoning
Gain a better understanding of the work by the Planning and Zoning Division.
County Zoning Code (Chapter 86)
Read the County's Zoning Code (Chapter 86) online.
Learn more about the County's Comprehensive Plan and supporting details.
Code Enforcement, Erosion & Sediment
Any time you clear, grade, excavate, or transport soil, you are causing a land disturbance. Learn more to be prepared while developing in Louisa County.
Find answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding the work of the Community Development Department.
Floodplains and Flood Maps
Find information, maps, and FAQ's related to floodplains and flood insurance in the County.
Online GIS and Tax Maps
Link to our Online Graphical Information System (GIS), a searchable assessment database or choose individual PDF documents for each Tax Map.
Staff, Committees & Boards
View a listing of the staff and various committees and boards.
- County Zoning Code (Chapter 86)
- Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development
- State Board for Contractors
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Virginia Building Code Officials Association (VBCOA)
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Virginia Plumbing and Mechanical Inspectors Association (VPMIA)
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
- Virginia Dept of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Virginia Department of Health (VDH) Louisa County
- FEMA Flood Map Program
- Setback Compliance Policy (2009)
- Comprehensive Plan
- Land Use Applications Database
- Louisa County GIS
- Land Disturbance
- Site Plans
- Virginia Association of Zoning Officials
- Town of Louisa Zoning Permit
- Town of Mineral Zoning Permits
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Thomas Jefferson Soil and Water Conservation District
- Telecommunication Permits
- Lake Anna Shoreline Permits
- Land Disturbance